Monday, June 1, 2015

Chilled weekend...

 

Our freezer has been empty of homemade bread rolls and I hate buying bought ones (inferior) so I made a batch Friday night...

A good first rise...

Saturday started off dark, gloomy and wet then the sun came out for a while...

I had a big ham hock in the freezer so I dragged it out and made pea and ham soup...

This is the meat I got off the bone. It made a beautiful big pot of smoky bacony soup - I didn't take a photo as it doesn't photograph well - a bit like snot really!

I had several cuppas during the day...

Gus made dinner - chicken and pineapple coconut curry...

Ooh, and my niece dropped me these dear little cheese tarts (actually sweet custard) so they were our dessert...

Sunday was spent in a very lazy way - watching tv, on my iPad, knitting and more tea drinking...

Gus headed interstate so I made a big frying pan full of Chow Mein...

As its full of cabbage, I am the only person who eats this in my family. I like it for breakfast (on toast), lunch and dinner! Yum, pass the soy sauce!

Here's the recipe. I added a 1/4 cup uncooked rice and a grated carrot and I had some fresh pineapple so that went in too.

I'll leave you with this little funny! So cute,

June 1st is our first day of winter in Australia and we are in for 5 days of 12C (53.6F) in my area so I will be rugging up and cooking some warming meals.

Cheers - Joolz xx

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love when you comment on my blog but will not publish anonymous comments unless you reveal a name.