Sunday, May 10, 2015

Pt 3 Grampians Grape Escape 2015 ...

On Sunday, we headed back to the GGE at 11am. The weather has been superb - sunny, no wind and about 21C - perfect!

Typical Australian bushland...

We did a bit of wine tasting...

~

I could smell something wonderful wafting on the breeze and decided that is what I wanted for lunch. It turned out to be a lamb, date and honey tagine...

Delicious, served with pearl cous cous and pomegranate...

This is the list of spices in it - we bought some of that too!

A little while later, I felt like something sweet...

A banoffee Belgian Waffle - freshly made waffle, banana, vanilla icecream and toffee sauce - oh, my!!

Lots of other food on offer - Mexican, Peruvian, gluten free, Punjab, pizzas, icecream, gourmet sausages, poffertjes, crepes, barbecue, candy shack, baked spuds and the list goes on!

Entertainment for the kids...

We watched Matt Preston do a full hour cooking demo - he's very entertaining!

I got to meet him afterwards and he signed my book for me.

The day ended at 4pm-ish so we then made our way home again.

~

We cooked our own dinner again then settled in to watch Masterchef.

Big day!

Cheers - Joolz xx

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love when you comment on my blog but will not publish anonymous comments unless you reveal a name.