Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Quiche!

 

~

~

I lined a quiche dish with baking paper then lined with shortcrust pastry (bought). Blind bake for 10 minutes.

~

In a large bowl add:

2 rashers of bacon, finely chopped

1 small onion, chopped

Kernels from 1 corn cob

1 carrot, grated

1 small zucchini, grated,

1 cup mushrooms, finely sliced

1 handful baby spinach leaves

* micro all for 2-3 minutes until veggies soften

~

In another bowl, crack 7 eggs. Whisk to break up.

Add 150mls cream, 1/2 cup of grated cheddar cheese, 1 tspn chicken stock powder, cracked pepper and salt (if you wish) and a sprinkle of dried parsley.

~

Add egg mix to veggies and combine. Pour into pie shell and add slices of cherry tomatoes to the top, sprinkle with more grated cheese.

~

Bake for 30-40 minutes at 180C until firm. We had a few lamb cutlets so we served them with the quiche and salad. Enjoy!

Joolz xx

 

 

 

6 comments:

  1. Yes! I think I have everything needed to make this tomorrow (already have tonight's dinner in crockpot). I can make it another day without dragging myself grocery shopping. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks and sounds so good....might give it a try on the weekend. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum Joolz, this looks soooo good!

    Another recipe to add to my long to do list, I am always looking for lunch time ideas and I think this quiche would be perfect :)

    xTania

    ReplyDelete
  4. Made it tonight, and it was great! I've never thought to add carrot or corn before, but loved them in it. I made two quiches, since son and hubs were both home tonight, and I wanted there to be leftovers for hubs' work dinners. All are packed and stored, and a piece in the fridge for my breakfast (I love quiche for breakfast!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks delicious Joolz!!! Yummo.

    ReplyDelete

I love when you comment on my blog but will not publish anonymous comments unless you reveal a name.