Monday, January 12, 2015

Naughty Mac and Cheese!

Pioneer Woman's M&C is not a good, healthy option if you are watching your waistline, that is for sure....

I made it true to the recipe. I wonder what the caloric value of this meal is? Sixty grams of butter, 1/2 a kilo of cheddar cheese (full fat), 600 mls of full fat milk and 3 cups of uncooked macaroni!!!

Make a roux with the butter and flour, let it cook off...add in the mustard...

Add in the milk and make a smooth white sauce. Add in a mountain of cheese (reserve a little to sprinkle on top).

Stir in the cheese until its lovely and smooth. Season with pepper...taste and see if it needs salt...

Pour into a greased baking dish and top with cheese...

I sprinkled with paprika...

Bake for 25 minutes...

You are welcome! Welcome to my heart attack! Bri enjoyed it but I don't think I'd make it again.

Cheers - Joolz xx

 

2 comments:

  1. I love macaroni cheese! Calories? Them are the little buggers that sneak into your wardrobe at night and take all your clothes in :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum, doesn't that look good!!

    xTania

    ReplyDelete

I love when you comment on my blog but will not publish anonymous comments unless you reveal a name.