Sunday, December 7, 2014

Slow, busy weekend...

So, yesterday on Facebook, I posed the question....

I can't decide...
Should I a) bake this fruit cake...
b) bake these cookies ...
 
c) Get out the tree and put it up...
d) Make naan bread....
...and then slow cooked lamb curry...

Or e) put my comfy pants on and watch Downton Abbey S4 all afternoon?

Well, I decided to make the fruit cake - I was given the recipe this week and liked it immediately because of all the fruit in it and it looked easy...

I followed the recipe to the letter except I didn't top it with the pecans and macadamias...

~

I love using my big, old bowl...

Into the oven for 3 hours...

And here is big Bertha, she's a pearler! I can't wait to cut into her. Two quarters will be given as part of hamper gifts and the rest is for me!

Then it was onto some naan bread - This recipe works so well!

http://simplyjoolz.blogspot.com.au/2012/09/homemade-naan-bread.html

~

The curry bubbled away for a few hours - I am glad I prepped it all beforehand (puree-ing onions and tomatoes and garlic and ginger, grinding spices, measuring out other stuff all takes time).... then its just a case of adding the ingredients as you go.

Funny, it doesn't look a lot like the picture in Rick Stein's book but it was delicious and had great flavour...

The cucumber mint yoghurt raita just compliments every curry I make - and helps put out the fire!

And, all the while I made the cake, the naan bread and the curry, I watched Downton in between. Love it!

~

Thats what I'm going to do now - its just gone 8am - so time for a few more episodes! Then I will make those yummy cookies and get the tree up!

What does your Sunday have in store for you?

Cheers - Joolz xx

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love when you comment on my blog but will not publish anonymous comments unless you reveal a name.