Saturday, September 13, 2014

Off to the Flinders Ranges ...

We are in outback South Australia! There is not much phone service where we will be camping so posting will be every few days when we hit civilization again!
~
Parachilna, Prairie Hotel...
~
Drinks at sunset, people come from miles around ...
~
Feral tasting platter - camel mettwurst, roo pastrami, emu pate ...
~
Crumbed kangaroo fillet
~
Kangaroo tail soup - delicious!
~
And this stuff is meant to keep away the flies, of which there are many! It smells wonderful!
~

Cheers - Joolz xx
 


 


 
 

4 comments:

  1. Joolz, I think I would give that platter of meat a miss. However, I have heard that kangaroo tastes quite nice. Enjoy your break!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun and I hope that fly stuff works!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's the fanciest insect repellent I have ever seen!
    The pub at sunset looks great. Gee, you're adventurous with your food!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The insect repellent looks good, the camel, kangaroo and emu I'll give a miss. Glad you are game though.
    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete

I love when you comment on my blog but will not publish anonymous comments unless you reveal a name.