Saturday, August 9, 2014

Peach Blossom Cake ...

 

I thought I'd have a go at the revered Peach Blossom Cake from Liz Harful's Australian Blue Ribbon Cookbook...

I lined my tin with a cake tin insert (very handy, they are) and made sure I had the correct sized tin ...

Beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy...

Beat the egg whites until firm peaks form...

Incorporate flour and milk into butter mixture, in small batches...

Now gently fold in the egg whites, again in small batches until all in...

Here is the batter all mixed in...

Now take about 1/3 of the mixture and colour it light pink with rose pink colouring...

Place most of the white mix in the tin then scoop a valley in the middle. Scoop in the pink mix and pat down. Add in any other white mix left and smooth over.

Bake for approx. 45 minutes...

Et voilta!

Mix icing sugar, a little butter, vanilla and water together (I used beaters) to a spreadable consistency...

This is meant to have icing only on top but I like icing so it dripped over the sides a bit. This cake is not for show purposes!

I couldn't wait to cut into it! I think it is pretty much perfect!

The cake is buttery, light and moist and the pink colour is just right...

~

A lovely cake to make when having high tea!

To protect copyright, I won't publish the recipe. Many recipes can be found on line so have a look or better still, buy the book - its a ripper!

Cheers - Joolz xx

 

3 comments:

  1. Lovely cake to have with a cuppa, yum - icing looks as most people would enjoy it - lots of it. I use Merle Parrish, CWA, recipe for this cake. Need to know about the cake liners!! love it, are they available from the supermarket?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, it is beautiful! I think the overflow of icing is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've had the book since the beginning of June and I'm ashamed to say I haven't baked anything yet but it's nice to have an arsenal of expert advice on the shelf just the same. It looks very pretty and traditional afternoon tea time.

    ReplyDelete

I love when you comment on my blog but will not publish anonymous comments unless you reveal a name.