Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Beth's Chicken Cacciatore ...

I gave the CC a whirl last night - so, so good!

Here we have the onion, pancetta, rosemary all chopped. I can't go past adding a bit of celery and the tops also. Later in the recipe I added a chopped carrot too - get those veggies into you!

The browned off chicken thighs...

Deglazing the pan with a little bit of the white wine to get all the gooey brown bits off the bottom...

I normally use frozen beans and peas but these lovely green beans caught my eye so I bought fresh. We should get three different meals out of this large pack.

I also sprinkled a little bit of plain flour over this mix (about a tablespoon) just to thicken the sauce a bit.

Here it is ready for plating...

I served it with a good mash and the green beans (yum!) but Beth roasts some quartered spuds in the oven and wilts some baby spinach over that at the last minute. Give it a go (recipe in previous post)!

~

We had a beautiful soaking of rain which started about 10pm and continued all night. Out rain water tanks are over flowing already!

Off to work now,

Cheers - Joolz xx

 

1 comment:

  1. Oh yummy...I love hot cooked dinners! Winner winner Chicken dinner!

    ReplyDelete

I love when you comment on my blog but will not publish anonymous comments unless you reveal a name.