Monday, February 24, 2014

To the coast!


 Brianna and her boyfriend came home for the weekend so we headed to the beach on Sunday.  Not for swimming (too windy and crisp) but just to sit and watch the waves roll in.
~
How blue is the sky? All the pictures were taken on my iPhone and not retouched - SOOC!
~
 Dear Ruby - we love riding in her!

  The reef was out at McIntyre Beach.
~
 This was further around the beach where we set up for the day.
~
 We were on a rocky little outcrop - no sand to wiggle between our toes.  The National Parks & Wildlife have stopped access down on to the beach in this area as it is just too dangerous for four wheel drive vehicles - too easy to get stuck and you could lose your vehicle out to sea!!

 ~
 Gus cooked us a yummy barbecue lunch of Wagyu sausages and beef shasliks...
~
I had a lovely glass of light red wine...  I love these Govino plastic wine glasses - look and feel like glass but are plastic and very safe for the beach.
~
 ~
 The Cheeky Red went down a treat!
 ~
 Still can't believe that sky!
~
 The kids relaxing and getting some Vitamin D !
 Bri did the honours and drove us home safely - she does love driving Ruby through the dunes!
Thanks!
They head home today but I will see my girls next weekend when I head to Adelaide for the Clipsal 500 weekend.  I am not going to the race, just chilling with the girls and having dinner with Gus on 2 nights.  Can. Not.Wait!

Cheers - Joolz xx

2 comments:

  1. That sounds like a perfect weekend. I like to sit and watch the waves - it's always so relaxing, almost hynotising.

    Brilliant blue sky - and look at that long stretch of sandy beach. I'd almost forgotten what that looked like. As for the sky - I haven't seen it since November. The clouds have to go away sometime, don't they?

    As an adide, I love your nail polish. I'm a huge sucker for coral shades of nail polish and lippy - do you remember what brand and colour it is?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely way to spend the day and that sky...beautiful.
    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete

I love when you comment on my blog but will not publish anonymous comments unless you reveal a name.