Monday, September 30, 2013

A yummy Muesli Slice ...

Jodie from Jellywares posted a recipe for a Muesli Slice which had lots of yummy things in it.  I thought I'd give it a try...
~
1 cup of organic rolled oats
~
This is the Nibble mix I used (instead of the sunflower/pumpkin/poppy seeds) ...
~
1/2 cup of that ...
~
1/2 cup dried cranberries and blueberries ... here you can use anything you like, dried apricots, pineapple, dried apple... whatever blows your hair back!
~
1/2 a cup of shredded coconut and 1/2 cup brown sugar ...
~

3/4 cup plain flour...
~
I had this lurking in the pantry so thought I'd use it...
~
Melt 1/2 cup butter and 3 good tablespoons of yummy honey ...
~
Isn't my little red saucepan cute?
~
Give those dry ingredients a really good mix up...
~
To the butter/honey mix, add 1 teaspoon carb soda and 2 tablespoons boiling water.  The mixture should fizz and froth up.  Add this to the dry ingredients and mix well.
~
You want it sticky so if its a bit wet, add a little more oats...
~
Press mixture into a 18 x 25cm slice tin, lined with baking paper...
~
Bake for 30 minutes at 180C until golden and it smells like honey all through your kitchen!
~
Let it cool completely in the tin before slicing into bars or squares.  This is seriously good stuff!  Thanks for sharing the recipe, Jodie!  :)
~
Cheers - Joolz xx

2 comments:

  1. Ooh this looks delicious. Will be giving this a try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks awesome. I think I'll whip some up next weekend.

    ReplyDelete

I love when you comment on my blog but will not publish anonymous comments unless you reveal a name.