Friday, May 24, 2013

Slow Cooker / Dutch Oven Bolognese Sauce ...

 I came across this recipe for Slow cooker spag bol sauce when someone commented on Mrs Woog's blog (she put out a cry for help with her spag bol sauce).  I thought this sounded great to put on at Friday lunch time then come home to the smell of a lovely sauce ready to add pasta for a quick Friday night tea.  I bough the ingredients but plans went awry and I didn't get it on the stove until 5pm!  Never the less, using my Big Blue dutch oven, I got it happening and it still turned out wonderfully.  I used bacon instead of prosciutto and added these lovely big mushrooms and a zucchini.  You can never have too many veg in your sauce!
~
The recipe is from Modern Day Mummying and the recipe is here http://moderndaymummying.blogspot.com.au/2013/05/slow-cooker-thursdays-spaghetti.html
~
 I fried off the bacon in a little oil ...
~
 Then added in the vegetables then the pork & veal mince and I also used beef mince too (to make up the 1 kg) ...
~
 All other ingredients were added and then I just let it simmer away for 2 hours...
~
 I used orichiette pasts (San Remo) as it hangs on to the sauce nicely...
~
 Look how lovely and rich the sauce is!  Lots of flavour in there!
~
 I ladled out the sauce and mixed it through the pasta, put it in a baking dish and topped it with parmesan...
~
Baked for 20 minutes until the cheese melted and voila!
~
 Look how much I have left over.  I have frozen it and will give the girls one to take home when they come for the June long weekend.
~
Labelled so I won't lose it in my freezer...
~
Modern Day Mummying has other slow cooker recipes on her blog and lots of other goodies too - check it out.
~
Cheers - Joolz xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love when you comment on my blog but will not publish anonymous comments unless you reveal a name.