Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Mother's Day weekend ...

 I had a wonderful Mother's Day.  My treat was to go to the city to see my girls and have a girly weekend with them.
~
 Friday night - We tried out a new Italian cocktail - Aperol Spritz ...
~
Ate yummy pizza ... 
~
 Saturday - we hit the shops in Rundle Mall then went to Chopstix for a Thai lunch - my Green Chicken curry was only $10.90 ...
~
 Saturday night - out to dinner at a nice restaurant - we champagne cocktails to start.  After dinner, we went to a pub that was close by and sat and watched the night life - there were some funny sights!
~
 Sunday - the girls gave me this cute card and gorgeous bangle (it has Belle Mere (beautiful mother) on it ...
~
 If we weren't stuffed enough, we went out for breakfast at Plant 13, a groovy new bistro...
~
Being naughty, I had the full breakfast with soft eggs.  These eggs are placed in a water bath at 62C (I think) so you can crack them out of their shells but they stay intact...
~
 The yolks are runny but totally cooked and have a wonderful creamy texture.  There was house made pork sausage, smoked bacon, hash browns, tomatoes and mushrooms... Oh, my!
~
Bri chose Bacon enclosed in biscuits with white gravy (this is like an American breakfast).  I had some of it and it was gooood!
~
 This is how they serve an ice tea - delicious!
~
 Sunday - as a last hurrah, I did roast chicken and veggies...
~
Bri came home with me on Monday morning so I made up a plate for Kirby for her dinner that night.
~

 Not the best food shot but you get my drift...
~
(Bruce Woodley, Keith Potger, Judith Durham & Athol Guy)

 If the weekend wasn't busy enough, I then left home on Tuesday (14/5) morning at 6.30am to board a coach, 50 kms away, with my 2 sisters, to go and see The Seekers, in concert on their Golden Jubilee Tour - 50 years since they formed!
~
The concert was fantastic, however we were saddened to learn the next morning that Judith Durham had been taken ill during the night and had suffered a brain haemorrhage.  She is still in hospital, in good spirits,  undergoing tests so not much more is known at this stage.  The rest of the tour (10 more concerts) has been postponed.
~
Cheers - Joolz xx

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely Mother's Day weekend you had. It must have been lovely spending time with your girls.
    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous weekend with your girls! For the last few years my daughter and I have gone to Sydney for the weekend but we decided not to this year so unfortunately I didn't get to see her but did speak with her (we're in Adelaide, she lives in Melbourne) and got a lovely parcel of goodies on Monday. Happily though my son and his partner came for lunch on MD so that was nice!
    Beautiful bangle and card too :)

    ReplyDelete

I love when you comment on my blog but will not publish anonymous comments unless you reveal a name.