Sunday, May 5, 2013

Another busy week gone ...

Monday night we had a 'clean the fridge out' stirfry - I had one carrot, one zucchini, half an onion, 3 spring onions, half a capsicum and some bean sprouts and tired coriander.  I did buy the snow peas...
 ~
 Voila - honey/soy/lime stir fried pork ...
~
One of our salesman was gifted a whole big box of Pink Lady apples from a local apple orchard - considering they are $4.99/kg at the supermarket, it must have been worth about $100!  We all got to have some so I decided I'd juice some and have pure apple juice for breakfast.
~
 Delicious!
~
Annette Sym's new Book 7 came out on May 2nd so I snapped up a copy straight away.  Lots of new recipes to try!
~
One of those recipes was for Pork with Orange & Hazelnut sauce...
A really easy sauce and it was so delicious with our pan fried pork chops.  I baked potato wedges in the oven, steamed green beans and corn on the cob.
~
Friday night I did her Ham & Corn slice - this was really good too!  It has grated sweet potato, creamed corn, zucchini in it.  A variation on the good old zucchini slice.  I served it with a tossed salad.
 ~
 It was even better the next day...
~
Yesterday was a glorious autumn day.  Gus's 50th is looming fast so we took a drive to the restaurant where the party will be and we sampled lunch...
~
~
 ~
 My entree - twice cooked wilgha zucchini and goat cheese soufflĂ©;
slow roasted wilgha tomato sauce; rocket; balsamic
~
Gus - red gum smoked duck breast; wilgha greens, fennel, kester’s apple,
blue cheese and pecan salad; chardonnay mustard dressing
~
My main - crisp skinned local pork belly; white polenta; red currant jus;
cabbage, apple, raisin, hazelnut and sunflower seed salad
Gus - Atlantic salmon, potato puree, green beans and a butter sauce
 ~
key lime tart; wilgha citrus sorbet; marmalade;
candied zest; pinenut praline - possibly the most delicious dessert I had tasted in an awful long time.  I am not a big chocolate fan and this hit the spot perfectly.  We did share this.
~
Unfortunately we were told the menu is changing after Mother's Day - I am sure it will be just as good but now we may have to go back for another tasting....  Bugger!
~
 I nearly fell asleep on the drive home...
~
 I purchased this apple slicer in one of the shops - it does a ripper job of slicing and coring all in one.  Also will be handy for potato wedges...
~
Today has been a lazy day although I have made 2 cakes - a Banana Bread (recipe from Honey & Jam here) and a Date Loaf (from Tammy at Girls wear blue too here).  Both turned out really well.  I gifted half of each cake to my Mum when I went to visit.  I just love the date loaf buttered with a cup of tea!
~
I had a bit of mending to do - a jumper of Gus' that had 2 holes needed darning and a button sewed back onto his trousers.  I also cleaned out the cupboards in Bri's room - she's coming home tomorrow for the week then I go back next weekend for Mother's Day with them - a girls weekend!
~
It's been a busy week so I hope this week is a bit quieter.  What have you all been up to?
Cheers - Joolz  xx

1 comment:

I love when you comment on my blog but will not publish anonymous comments unless you reveal a name.