Thursday, February 14, 2013

Chocolate Cheesecake Brownie (WW) ...


The book man  who comes around and leaves a selection of books at work had this book in the box.  I snapped it up quick smart.
~
I flipped through and saw many recipes I could imagine I'd like to try.  There was one for Chocolate Cheesecake Brownie.  Now, I am not a huge chocolate consumer, but I do liked baked cheesecake so something told me I had to try this recipe and soon!  We were having a Tastings night at our local Weight Watchers meeting and I had already prepared a savoury dish to take along (it was my turn as a committee member) so I decided that I would fly home and make this slice too!  It is really rich and delicious and obviously moderation is the key but it is quite a healthy recipe.
~
CHOCOLATE CHEESECAKE BROWNIE
.
1 cup unsweetened apple puree (258gms)
1/3 cup cocoa powder (I use the rich Nestle one)
3/4 cup self raising flour, sifted
1/2 teaspoon bi carbonate soda
1/2 cup dark choc chips
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup caster sugar (1/2 cup for base, 1/4 cup for topping)
250gms Weight Watchers Cream Cheese
1 egg yolk
~
Preheat oven to 180C or 160C for fan forced.  Line a 20cm square cake tin with baking paper and lightly spray with oil.
~
Place puree, cocoa, flour, bicarb soda, chocolate, salt and 1/2 cup sugar in a large bowl and stir to combine.  Pour into prepared tin.
~
Using electric beaters, beat cream cheese, egg and remaining 1/4 cup sugar in a medium bowl.  Pour this mix over the chocolate mixture.
~
Bake for 30-35 minutes or until cooked when tested with a skewer.   Cool brownie in tin.  Cut into squared and serve.  I dusted mine with cocoa powder.
~
Let me know if you try it!
Cheers - Joolz

1 comment:

  1. Well, I am a chocoholic and I also love cheesecake so this looks wonderful. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love when you comment on my blog but will not publish anonymous comments unless you reveal a name.