Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Christmas 2012 - let's start at the beginning ...

 Christmas just didn't seem right to me this year.  The girls only came home in the week and days before Christmas so I just couldn't get in the mood.
~
 Christmas flowers for the Nana's ...
~
 ~
 The tree was only decorated on Saturday before Christmas...  I let Kirby do it this year, with me supervising.
~
 I decorated gingerbread biscuits...
~
 They turned out pretty cool...
~
 Brianna made pavlovas for dessert...
~
 So unorganised, I was up at 6.30am Christmas morning, wrapping presents to go under the tree!
~
 We had fun opening presents!
~
 I made salads to take to my nieces for lunch.  This is the Watermelon, cucumber, mint & fetta salad from Julie Goodwin - it was delicious!  I bought the white balsamic glaze when I was in Adelaide, haven't seen it in shops here yet.
~
 This was the huge spread of food we had for lunch... which was sadly marred by the fact my 82 year old Mum took a fall just as she was arriving...She gashed her hand very badly on the rough pavers and had to go to hospital to have it dressed.  Unfortunately, the bleeding wouldn't stop and she eventually was taken by ambulance to our regional centre hospital (50kms away) and had the vein stitched and spent the night in hospital.  Crappiest Christmas ever!
~
 Meanwhile, back to the day ... my stuffing muffins were enjoyed by all and look at that Crayfish platter!  Yummo!
~
 More food!
~
 Mum's Christmas Pudding with custard - traditional dessert for us.
~
Cousins playing on the new trampoline ...
~
 Brianna's pavlova ...
~
 Big cousins cuddling baby second cousins...
~
 Bubble blowing...
~
 More present giving...
~
 Then it was out to Gus' sister's for Christmas dinner... nice and relaxed.
~
 More presents...
~
 Bri played Santa ...
~
 ~
My beautiful girls!
~
Joolz

5 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear about you mum having a fall and having to miss Christmas Day with you. I hope she is recovering well. Your day does look lovely though with family and delicious food.
    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry about your Mum. My own Mum is a bit rickety on her pins and also has bad arthritis. They are a worry sometimes. Looks like you had a wonderful time though. Your cooking looks just fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You really did have a bad day didn't you. I sincerely hope your Mum is doing okay now!!
    The food looks amazing and overall it looks like everyone enjoyed themselves. Just such a shame that something bad had to happen to cause you worry though.
    I hope you had a lovely New Year and may 2013 bring only joy and happiness :)

    Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year to you & yours Joolz.
    What a terrible thing to happen to your dear Mum on Christmas. I do hope she has a speedy recovery. Your Christmas photos all looked so lovely though considering what a terrible worry you all must have had.
    Caroline xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really enjoyed this post! But sorry to hear about you Mum. I hope she will be well. It's different to see people wearing sandals and the green grass in the yard at Christmas from us folks up in the frozen North of the US!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love when you comment on my blog but will not publish anonymous comments unless you reveal a name.