Sunday, January 6, 2013

Absolute bumper crop of tomatoes!

Remember my hanging tomato plants?  This was taken back in the middle of December...
These are the tomatoes that I have harvested over the past few days... yes, that is a 10c piece giving you an idea of size!
They have been very slow to develop and ripen...
... but I have no doubt that I will be eating home grown tomatoes very soon...
This is a cherry variety on the hanging pot...
The hot weather has knocked them around in the past few days as they are only in pots and dry out so quickly, but there is fruit there and I shall have it!
~
Cheers - Joolz

2 comments:

  1. Nothing quite like home grown tomatoes, enjoy! Your pizzas looked delicious. D&T have just purchased a pizza oven so we enjoyed tasting their experiements with different toppings last week...yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree whole heartedly with you Joolz, it's so hard to keep the water up to any pots this weather especially pots with veggie in them. Are you on town or tank/bore water?

    I am battling along trying to keep all my herbs that are in pots going-they just want to bolt in this heat.
    Hope you had a great weekend
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete

I love when you comment on my blog but will not publish anonymous comments unless you reveal a name.