Tuesday, November 6, 2012

This week so far ...

 I snapped this one of Bonnie, just sitting with her paws on the garden edge, surveying the goings on...
~
 McLeod's Daughter's rose ...
~
 ~
 ~
 Not sure what this one is called, my mother-in-law struck it from a piece for me ...
~
 Excitement plus - my first tomato of the season ... yeah, well it may take a while before I am eating it...
~
 The plants in the topsy turvy planter have all hardened up over the past week...
~
 ... although the one hanging out of the bottom has suffered some shock and lost some leaves, but it has hardened up too so I hope it will go okay.  The basil is good too.
~
 Ah, don't you love a man in the kitchen?  This is Gus preparing Sunday night's dinner...
~
 Thai-style Chicken, Prawn & Corn cakes with an apple/spinach/blue cheese salad (it was meant to have pine nuts but Gus put pistachios in instead and we also said fresh mango and cranberries would have made it nice too) and home baked wedges.  There was a sweet-chilli dipping sauce to go with it.  It was delicious! Again, we dined on left overs for lunch.  If I scrounge lunch at home for Gus, I save $7 a day.
~
And in keeping with an Asian inspired menu, I made a Phad Thai with rice noodles last night.  The little meat balls are pork and veal mince for something different.  Another winner! And lunch for today too.
~
We had a thunder storm in the late afternoon yesterday and a lovely heavy fall of rain which topped up our rain water tanks again.  We need 'late in the year' rain to see us through the summer.  Today is blue skies and cool so I am off to work then Bri comes home again this arvo for 'swatvac' before her exams start next week.
She has requested 'Devilled Sausages and mash' for dinner - I love it qhen they request good old homecooking.  What can we have for dessert??
~
Cheers - Joolz

1 comment:

  1. Yum! Your meals always look so delish. Glad you had some rain. Topped up tanks sound wonderful. I have Molly here swotvaccing at the moment. She will go home with her sister later this week and then return with another sister after their exams are over. It is Rose's fifth year at Uni and she is bursting to be finished!

    ReplyDelete

I love when you comment on my blog but will not publish anonymous comments unless you reveal a name.