Sunday, November 4, 2012

Making Kaiser rolls ...


I made more dinner rolls today, using the Kaiser roll shape, after viewing this clip on You Tube
~
Dough after the first rise in my just warm oven...
~
Divide the dough in equal sized portions...
~
Roll out to a sausage shape (using both hands)...
~
It took me a few several goes to perfect tying a neat knot (and I still haven't quite got it - the dough kept sticking to itself)!  Then you tuck the left hand side tail under and bring the right side tail up and poke it into the middle...
~
It should look something like this...
~
Brush with olive oil and add seeds if desired (I find they are quite a nuisance, falling off on the floor etc.) and let them rise a second time for another 20-30 minutes... then bake in a 190C oven for 10 minutes, then turn the tray 180 degrees and bake a further 5-7 minutes until golden.  They should feel hollow when you tap them.
~
And voila!  Dinner rolls for the coming week...
Cheers - Joolz

2 comments:

  1. very nice Joolz. I will be making rolls tomorrow, too busy today making school snacks for the coming week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look fantastic,,,,may have to have a go at these myself sometime soon!

    ReplyDelete

I love when you comment on my blog but will not publish anonymous comments unless you reveal a name.