Monday, October 22, 2012

In the garden...

 Kirby has been home since Friday night - she gets a few 'summer Friday' afternoons off (Bri & Paige left Friday morning to head back to the city) so we had a relaxing weekend at home.  Both her and Bri like a good barbecue steak cooked by Gus whenever they come home. 
~
When she left at 2pm to drive home, I decided it was time to get my hands dirty and do some gardening.  First, I visited our plant nursery and bought a new blush pink carpet rose and two other small flowering shrubs to go in some spaces I have.  I don't think I will plant Petunias (annuals) out like I have other years - they are so water 'needy' whereas what I have in now is quite resistant to dryer soil.
~
 Two new daisies, a yellow and a crimson - they should add a bit of colour.
~
 This is Montana Snow (Arenaria)
~
 All my roses have lush foliage and are full of buds, ready to burst in the next week or so...
~
Notice that the cat mint has grown back healthily after I burned the dead growth off.
 ~
 Seaside daisy (erigiron) mixed with a morning glory type creeper
~
 I got rid of my old mint plant which was pot bound and bought a new peppermint plant and an oregano too.  I will add a basil in here too when the nursery get new seedlings.
~
 So this is my view of my back garden - weed free at the moment - which is pleasing to me!
~
Not much happening here this week.  It is Brianna's birthday tomorrow but we can't get to Adelaide to celebrate with here due to work commitments (sad face!)
~
A nice clear day here today, blue skies and no wind.  Off  to tidy the house before heading out to work.
~
Cheers - Joolz

5 comments:

  1. you have a lovely garden. I don't suppose you fancy popping over and weeding my garden!!!

    Gill

    ReplyDelete
  2. My gardens were a disappointment this year. Between the slugs and the deer, my flowers were not the best they have been in past years. Enjoyed seeing your plants.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty garden. Happy birthday to Brianna. :) My daughter's birthday was yesterday, my daughter-in-law's birthday is tomorrow. Some very nice people were born in October. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your garden is lovely! It is autumn here now, so I've been putting out mums and pansies. Decorating the porch with pumpkins and scarecrows in the front flowerbed. After the Christmas holidays I will be so ready for planting season which doesn't come til mid-April here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your garden is looking lovely. Amazing what some sunshine does to the plants! Unfortunately the weeds grow as quick too.

    ReplyDelete

I love when you comment on my blog but will not publish anonymous comments unless you reveal a name.