Saturday, October 27, 2012

Bread rolls ...

 I love making bread dough in my Breville Kitchen Wizz!  So easy - in goes 250 gms bakers flour (OO fine flour), 250 gms plain flour, 1 sachet dry yeast, 325 mls warm water, 2 teaspoons sugar, 1 teaspoon salt and a drizzle of olive oil.  Set it to knead and let it rip for 10 minutes.
 After 10 minutes it's nice and smooth.  Tip out on to the floured bench and gently form it into a nice ball.  
~
 Place the dough in lightly greased  (sprayed with olive oil) bowl.  Cover and leave in a warm place for 30 minutes to prove.
~
 It will double in size.
~
 Sometimes I use a tin for my rolls but today I just put them on a paper lined tray.  I brushed them with olive oil and sprinkled them with porridge oats.
~
Now you let them rise a second time for about 25 minutes...
~
I had the oven at about 200C and timed them for 10 minutes them turned them around and gave them another 8 minutes all up.  Perfect!
~
Gus is doing some fancy steak dish tonight so they'll go down a treat... now maybe I should make an apple pie for dessert.....
~
Cheers - Joolz

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for that recipe, they look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your family should start a restaurant!! Those rolls look great and I'm sure Gus' steak will be super. Your accommodation on the boat looks wonderful, so comfy. We've only ever flown over to Tassie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can smell the freshness from here:0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh they look so yummy and that looks like a mean piece of kitchen equipment.
    "Let it rip"...such a wonderful Aussie expression. :)
    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. never thought of pudding porridge oats on top of the rolls.

    Gill

    ReplyDelete

I love when you comment on my blog but will not publish anonymous comments unless you reveal a name.