Monday, April 23, 2012

Happy Birthday, Mum!

My 4 sisters and I put on a pooled luncheon for Mum's 82nd Birthday...
~
~
We invited her sister-in-law and two of her life-long friends - when they get together we call them the Golden Girls!
~
We had homemade pumpkin & vegetable soup with bread rolls to start, followed by sausage rolls, toasties, mini spring rolls and quiches and a chicken platter ... dessert was fresh fruit kebabs, baked sour cream and apple slice, chocolate slice and no one really had room for the cupcakes! Most were taken home to enjoy later...
~
~
This is mum with her great-grand son, Brax who was born in January - cute little chubba bub! She had a lovely day. We presented her with a photo book of family pictures (ordered from Snapfish - go here to see what you can order.
~
I'm a bit weary after all that - lots of cup of tea making and dishes stacking! I'm in for an early night - it's been raining here on and off all day so I'm hoping for a few heavy showers tonight.
~
Night all, Joolz

5 comments:

  1. Nice! It was one of my daughter's birthdays today. Glad you all had a good day, especially the Golden Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like the lunch went great and everyone enjoyed themselves.
    That is one cute little boy and love the name.
    It is raining down your way finally, hope it hangs around for a little while.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum...what a lovely idea for your Mum's birthday. I'm sure she would have thoroughly enjoyed the company and the copious amount of delicious food!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...what a feast!! Sounds like you all had a lovely day with some very yummy food. I bet your Mum enjoyed her day...it's great to spoil our parents!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice looking spread there Joolz, I always get hungry looking at your food photos.

    ReplyDelete

I love when you comment on my blog but will not publish anonymous comments unless you reveal a name.