Thursday, April 12, 2012

Easter Part 2 ...

On Easter Sunday, we drove up into the Adelaide hills to Bridgewater Mill Restaurant...
~
It is an old flour mill which still has the original working mill wheel turning...
~
~
Our gorgeous girls... (all photo credit to them as I stupidly left my camera home (and nearly had a meltdown because of it!) ...
~
Here we are enjoying the day...
~
First we had some lovely Croser sparkling wine...
~
Entree for Kirby and Gus - caramelised scallops, apple, Jerusalem artichoke, sage & hazelnut butter...
~
Brianna chose salad of baby beetroot, Woodside goat's curd, radishes and rye bread (drizzled with honey) ...
~
My entree was absolutely delicious - crisp quail, red curry (oh, that sauce!), pickled shallot, sticky rice & duck egg...
~
Did I enjoy it??? Yes!
~
I enjoyed a nice glass of red wine...
~
For main course, Brianna had Pure suffolk lamb porterhouse, shoulder brik, cauliflower, whipped fetta and olive crumbs...
~
Kirby and I chose slow roasted organic chicken breast, polenta, honey, Kanmantoo bacon and rosemary... I would have to say the tenderest, plumpest, juiciest, flavoursome chicken I have ever had...
~
Angus had the special fish of the day which was Northern Territory Barramundi with a tomato and herb salad...
~
Moving on to desserts... Gus had black sherry custard, dark chocolate, pear, prune & roasted macadamia...
~
The girls chose white chocolate bavarois, apple parfait, blackberries and dry caramel...
~
~
I cleverly chose the banana creme brulee, maple toffee, vanilla butterscotch & honeycomb icecream ... so very good!
~
Outside the windows, a lush fernery...
~
Time to go home...
~
Joolz

6 comments:

  1. You have my mouth watering with all those delicious looking food shots. You have taught your girls very well, it's nice that you can discover lots of different eating places now that they are in Adelaide.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it fun finding new fav places to eat. The trouble with us is we tend to want to go back to the same old places we love as we know we will get excellent food & service. My mouth is watering looking at your lovely food pics!
    Caroline
    PS- Have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
  3. You had so much good food over Easter but these Sunday meals look SO good!!! I can almost taste your dessert!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well that post made me hungry !!!
    Yummo Joolz :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Joolz, you are such a foodie! My mouth is watering--it looks like a culinary paradise!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have always loved old mills. I saw an article once about a couple who refurbished one and lived in it. How cool is that!
    Susanne :)

    ReplyDelete

I love when you comment on my blog but will not publish anonymous comments unless you reveal a name.