Friday, March 16, 2012

Praying for rain...

While a whole lot of Australia is currently under water and getting more rain than they need, we are in desperate need of rain here where I live.
~
Our rain water tanks ran dry a few days ago so we have switched to bore water which I hate. It is a bit sandy and gritty and it clogs the filters in my washing machine which slows the filling time...
~
I am doing a bit of a happy dance right now as this picture shows that it is indeed raining and I would hope it continues throughout the day. Our lawns look nice and green because we water all through summer but believe me, the rest of the block is dry as a bone! A couple of days of steady rain would put enough back in the tanks to go back onto rain water so I am sending up a prayer...
~
Cheers - Joolz

5 comments:

  1. We had the biggest rainfall I have ever seen in a short time here in Adelaide on Wednesday night...36ml, my yard was flooded...I hope you get a good day of rain today....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you get a good drenching rain. I'm in suburban Adelaide and the thunderstorm we had on Wednesday evening was incredible. I took my son to karate just when the worst of the rain hit and we were literally dripping wet just running the 100 metres from the carpark to the dojo, it was incredible. If I had taken shampoo I could have washed my hair and rinsed it out properly, that his how heavy it was!
    Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boy, can I relate! We've been having lots of gray days with light rain over the winter, so we're good for now, and SO thankful after the YEARS of drought.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you are getting some rain...hope you don't get as much as what we have had here in NSW!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will send some of our rain your way as it started again today and is forecast till next Friday.

    ReplyDelete

I love when you comment on my blog but will not publish anonymous comments unless you reveal a name.