Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Macaroni Beef...


Chop carrots, zucchini, peas and (I added) celery...
~
Spray your pan with oil and fry off the onion...
~
I used the leanest beef mince I could buy...
~
Brown off the mince with the onions...
~
Now I have a lot going on... beef mix simmering away, macaroni on the boil and starting the white sauce...
~
Mix mince with cooked macaroni then once made, pour over the white sauce...
~
Sprinkle with 3/4 cup fat reduced cheddar cheese...
~
... and I sprinkle with ground paprika for a bit of colour...
~
Bake until the top is golden (15-30 minutes)...
~
Enjoy! - It made a big lasagne dish full so I intend to freeze it in single portions so I can have it for lunch sometimes.
~
Cheers - Joolz

5 comments:

  1. Macaroni beef is suuuuuuper yummy! I am just always too lazy to make the white sauce to go on top... I just sprinkle cheese. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM! Now I know what we am having for dinner tonight. Friday is pasta night at our house as son plays soccer at 8.30pm and he needs sustaining food! Thanks Joolz, this meal looks very appetising!

    Have a great weekend!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi honey,

    This looks tasty and if I make a big one left overs can be put in little containers in freezer for when Brenton (hollow legs) comes out at 10pm looking for a second dinner lol :/

    BTW always love your sunrise/sunset photo's you post. Such divine colours in the sky over your way!

    ReplyDelete

I love when you comment on my blog but will not publish anonymous comments unless you reveal a name.