Sunday, January 22, 2012

Saturday at home...

I zipped to Mt.G to pick up my icecream maker attachment for my Breville Mixer (it was on back order) and while I was there, I ran my car through the Wizard car wash. This is the Tri-colour wax that is applied before the final rinse.
~
I also had to fill a prescription for Gus' gout tablets - both chemists in our town were out of them and only one chemist in Mt.G had a bottle left. Lucky - he can't go a day without the medication.
~
I bought some new bath towels too as we have visitors coming for Australia Day and the weekend. It is 6 years since I bought a set of new towels and it is starting to show! Ugh!
~
When I got home I thought I would do some baking so I made my Cherry Shortbreads.
~
For something wickedly different I thought I'd plop Rolo caramel chocolates in the centres as well as some cherry ones.
~
It was the right decision...
~
Gus has gone back to Adelaide to paint feature walls in the flat in preparation for Brianna moving there and Bri was having a night in Mt.G with her friends so I was home alone. Ssssshh! Don't tell anyone.... but..... YAY!
~
I made a huge pot of Chicken Chow Mein and ate it when I was good and ready...
~
I treated myself to two new CD's - Kelly Clarkson and Tim McGraw so I had that blaring on our new Bose soundwave system...
~
I kicked back with a glass of wine and watched a bit of TV...
~
Later in the evening I watched a DVD - Easy A - which was okay.
~
This morning I had a wander out the back to see how my weeds are growing and yup, there's work to be done.... maybe this arvo!
~
Stay tuned for my icecream making escapades this arvo too!
~
Cheers - Joolz

3 comments:

  1. Always love stopping by your blog.
    It sits so comfortably in my mind and heart!


    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful busy, yet relaxing day. I love doing what I want to do when I want to do it and eating what I want to eat when I want to eat it. :) Nice. I'll be back for some ice cream. :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a good idea to put the Rolo chocs in the shortbread...I love Rolo's. Glad you had a relaxing day!

    ReplyDelete

I love when you comment on my blog but will not publish anonymous comments unless you reveal a name.