Saturday, January 21, 2012

Friday night Healthy Lamb Burgers...

I made this bad boy for dinner last night...
~
Start with a toasted bun and slather on some caramelised onion relish (I had Always Fresh brand)...
~
I made my burgers out of lamb mince and added Masterfoods Tuscan seasoning, 1 egg, 1/4 cup dried bread crumbs, 1/2 small red onion, finely chopped, salt and pepper. Dry fry in a non-stick pan - no need to add extra oil.
~
Now slap that burger on the bun and add a slurp of tomato sauce...
~
... top with lettuce...
~
... sliced tomato...
~
... sliced lebanese cucumber...
~
... slices of beetroot (it's not Aussie if you don't add beetroot!)...
~
... spread avocado on the top 'lid' of the burger bun...
~
... add a little bit of cheddar cheese...nearly there! ...
~
Shazam! A healthy burger with basically no fat. You could also add a dry fried egg, pineapple slice, fried onions....
~
Give one a whirl!
~
Cheers - Joolz

5 comments:

  1. Love beetroot! Love it on everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's looks pretty yummy even for a vegetarian!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, my goodness that looks good! It's breakfast time here, but that wouldn't stop me if I have the ingredients here now. It's a collection of "tastes" that has to be wonderful together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yummy, yummy, yummy.........lamb is very expensive here in Canada. I love lamb burgers with goats cheese!!!

    Gill in Canada

    ReplyDelete

I love when you comment on my blog but will not publish anonymous comments unless you reveal a name.