Friday, December 16, 2011

Our Sister Christmas...

For several years now, my 4 sisters and I have been
exchanging inexpensive gifts with a theme.
.
So far we have had ...
Paper in 2007

I made each of my sisters a wall hanging, made out of scrapbook paper with embellishments...
~
These are the gifts I received - decoupaged box, paper decoupaged tissue box, scrapped paper blocks with our photos on them and a Sisters book (with lots of childhood pictures stuck in it).

Material in 2008
.
Round & Shiny in 2009
.
Garden in 2010
.
then last Christmas I chose...
A Sisters Recipe Book
.
Well that just didn't happen! Too hard!
.
So, I a few months back I thought of a new theme...
and I text them with this ...
.
Hey, Sisters! Christmas time is here again -
I wracked my brain and got a pain

from trying to think of a theme!
So I had a good think,
like I knew I should
and came up with the theme of
WOOD
.
For inside, outside, kitchen or dunny -

make it serious or make it funny!
Pick a gift that's made of wood,
spend no more
that $15 - that would be good!
~
Now what will my present to them be???
~
Hmmm... a wooden leg?
~
Wooden bowl...
~Wooden Spoon?
~
Wooden chopping board?
~
Toothpicks?
~
Wooden box?
~
Who knows - that's the fun of a themed gift!
~
Cheers - Joolz








Cheers - Joolz

3 comments:

  1. I love the idea of a theme, can't wait to see what you have come up with this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun! I really like that wooden box at the end. The whole process of having theme gifts for sisters is wonderful. I never had a sister so missed all of the sister relationships. I do have very good female friends, though, and we consider ourselves sisters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the themed gift idea is such a great one. I have sisters as well, but we don't exchange Christmas gifts...if we send each other birthday cards it's an extraordinary year. :) One is over 500 miles (800 km roughly)away and two are almost triple that.

    I can't wait to see what each of you come up with this year!

    ReplyDelete

I love when you comment on my blog but will not publish anonymous comments unless you reveal a name.