Thursday, August 18, 2011

Scones, School Cookies and Beef Pies...

Well, after getting all revved up to make either a banana cake or banana bread... it just didn't happen! I have frozen the bananas until next week when I can make a cake for work and some banana bread for someone else.
~
I did make a batch of scones because Bri had a half day at school and I thought she'd like warm scones when she got home.
~
... and I made these School Cookies (the recipe is here) for my Gus because he is away for a few days with our Land Rover Roadshow. Something nice to have with a cuppa.
~
Last night I made Beef & Red wine pies, I basically browned some beef and onion in a pan, added a can of tomatoes, Continental flavour sachet, 1 tablespoon flour, 1 chopped carrot, peas and sweetcorn and a handful of mushrooms. Let is stew away for 2 hours then I used ready made shortcrust pastry, lined my little pie tins, blind baked for 10 minutes then added the beef casserole mix, topped with mashed potato then topped again with a lid of pastry and baked until golden brown on top. Boring to look at...
~
... but, oh, yeah! They were gooood!
~
Off to explore the Uni's this weekend (open days) with Bri and to also catch up with Kirby again. Girls Weekend, look out!
~
Cheers - Joolz

2 comments:

  1. YUM Joolz!

    You have been very busy by the looks. Pop the banana's in the freezer for another day...

    Your pies sound good!

    xTania

    ReplyDelete
  2. It all looks so good, especially the pies.

    ReplyDelete

I love when you comment on my blog but will not publish anonymous comments unless you reveal a name.