Thursday, June 2, 2011

Delicious Lamb, sundried tomato & fetta parcels...

Dinner last night - I went to huge trouble to get these delicious parcels of marinated lamb strips, sun dried tomatoes and fetta cheese encased in a lattice of puff pastry on to our dinner table .... I drove 50kms and back and visited a very nice butcher shop who makes them.... they were delicious!!! I did bake the potatoes and make the fresh salad... give me some credit!
~
Brianna has had the sewing machine smoking all week - as part of her Year 12 Child Studies class, she has to construct an educational childrens toy. She has chosen to make a patchwork teddy bear so she has had to put together the material first so that she can cut out the teddy from the finished fabric.
~
There has been lots of cutting and pinning, each night after school...
~
Here is the completed patchwork piece ready for pinning on the pattern and cutting out. She plans to sew a jingly bell in the teddys ear, put a zipper on one leg, a shoe lace to tie up on the other foot and a ribbon loop for his tail so the child can hang on to the bear tightly. Yesterday, she went to Spotlight and bought hinges for the legs and arms and some big blue eyes.
~
She also bought some really cute fat 1/4's to make a new sewing utensils bag with owls on them. I'll show you that when she is making it.
~
I must have been hiding behind a door when the 'sewing gene' was passed out in my family, because I sure didn't get it so I am glad it as been passed on to Bri - I would have gone cross eyed and had an aneurysm trying to piece together those patches! She is ahead with the project so far and her teacher is really pleased with her efforts. Yay!
~
Enjoy your day once again, I am off to work to tackle the monthly debtor statements - oh, joy!
~
Cheers - Joolz

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Awesome piecework. Look forward to seeing the finished bear.

    ReplyDelete

I love when you comment on my blog but will not publish anonymous comments unless you reveal a name.