Sunday, February 13, 2011

Red rabbits & Wagyu...

We call these 'red rabbits' - destined for a beach picnic...
~
Mayura Station Wagyu steak... destined for the barbecue tonight...
~
See the marbling through the meat. It just melts away when cooked.
~
At our favourite spot again - all set up for lunch...
~
We pre-ordered the sunshine and blue sky after a week of humid, weird weather... just perfect!
~
~

I spied a large yacht way, way, way out to sea...
~
Lunch - crayfish, chicken and 3 salads...
~
I hand picked all the crayfish
~
~
Oh, my!
~
~
This is a sea anemone. It reminds me of a joke in 'Finding Nemo'. The punch-line goes "with fronds like these, who needs anemones!" (with friends like these, who need enemies).
~
We found some more star fish.
~
Clowning around...
~
Late afternoon
~
Then the kiddies decided to play in the water. Give them two drink cups and this is what you get... water art!
~
~
Trying to make a love heart...
~
~
~
Time for petanque...
~
~
Pack up time...
~
We showed our visitors the wind farm at Lake Bonney
~
Dinner = Wagyu steaks...
~
Delicious...
~
Our visitors hadn't been over to see us and to No. 2 Rocks since New Years day 1997 so we had a fair bit of catching up to do. Lovely people all of them. It was a big, long day and I am very tired today as I did most of the catering. In appreciation of our efforts, they declared it an annual event so next mid-February they will return!
~
Will potter and put away bits of yesterday then home to watch Eat Pray Love this afternoon and maybe cross stitch a bit.
~
Cheers - Joolz

7 comments:

  1. OMG I might be in danger of sitting here all day drooling over my fav foods and fav way to spend a day!


    Bliss

    ReplyDelete
  2. that really, really looks yummy, I mean really yummy, my mouth is watering here.

    Also I love your vehicle, and love the colour.

    Also love the fact there is no bloody snow in the photos!!!!!

    Gill in Canada

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum look at all that crayfish, last time I had crayfish I was in NZ (hubby is very allergic to all crustaceans, sadly for me). We're having BBQ Rump roast tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful photo's as always. You are such a good promoter of the Limestone Coast and all it has to offer. We've never heard crays called red rabbits. Learn something everyday. Love, love. love the water art. Wonderful to see the girls having such a good time, especially after seeing Brianna so unwell earlier in your blog.

    Cheers,
    Lisa x

    Cheers,
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, what good food and fun at the beach! Just love your outing images. Wonderful! Thank you for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh The food looks so scrumptious and I am drooling here.
    A great day out with friends and family, you can't beat it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great post. All the food looks scrumptious and I love the water art! Looks like you had some fun times!

    ReplyDelete

I love when you comment on my blog but will not publish anonymous comments unless you reveal a name.