Saturday, February 19, 2011

Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars...

Brianna asked me to make these Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars from Barbara at Bless Us O Lord.
~
1 cup (250 gms) butter
~
1 cup of brown sugar
~
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
~
Cream butter, sugar & vanilla until light and fluffy...
~
Add 1 cup of mixed choc chips (I use milk choc and white choc)
~
Add in the flour and stir until all combined...
~
Press the batter into an 18 x 28cm slice tin...
~
Bake at 180C for about 20-25 minutes until dark golden brown. Cool in the tin for 5 minutes then cut into bars or smaller squares. Now hide them where no-one will find them...
~
Put the kettle on and make a cup of tea or coffee and enjoy!
~
Cheers - Joolz

9 comments:

  1. Well we certainly got the rain. Those bars look delicious. I'd have to have them hidden from myself :-)

    Cheers,
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Joolz!!
    We have been eating ever so healthy and then ya go tempt us with these :] What's a gal to do but make a batch hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, my goodness that looks good! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Yum! Anything with chocolate and you got me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My kind of girl! Hide them where no one will find them indeed. L(ing)OL

    ReplyDelete
  6. When you hide them make sure no-one else sees where they are when you get them, they certainly look yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, those bars look super yummy. Can't go wrong with a treat that has two types of chocolate in it. I have a sweet treat linky party going on at my blog until tomorrow night and I'd like to invite you to stop by and link your cookie bars up. http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com/2011/02/sweets-for-saturday-5.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. They do sound just like the one I made but yours has brown sugar which I think I'd prefer. I'll have to make it again to try that way. Hope yours lasted longer than mine!!

    ReplyDelete

I love when you comment on my blog but will not publish anonymous comments unless you reveal a name.