Friday, January 28, 2011

Bits of Australia Day...

I got a giggle as I was driving to Mt.G yesterday - these people always have this tree, at the entrance to their driveway, decorated with tinsel for Christmas and it stays that way from one year to the next. This year they have simply added Australian flags to the mixture of tinsel and baubles. So very Australian!
~
~
Our Aussie Day dinner was simple - some salad, a potato bake (looks burnt but it was just on the brink and tasted yummy)...
~
... and some steak, lamb chops and sausages ('snags' - does anyone know why we call them snags??)
Added: I googled 'why we call sausages snags' and on one chat forum, some-one said that they had a friend who worked and an abattoir and it stands for 'Skin, Nuts (as in testicles) And Guts!!!! Hmm, that's probably a believable explanation....
~
Brianna made this yum, yum, yummy pavlova...
~
~
I did very little all day - one job I got out of the way was putting the Christmas tree and decorations away. Oh, my goodness! I believe I had about 200 decorations on the tree - it took me an hour and a half to get everything packed away (delicate baubles needed individual wrapping)! It's all packed away neatly now - hey, did you know it's only 332 days until Christmas!!
~
It's warming up here over the next few days but I think we are going to get low to mid 30's so that's not too bad.
~
I'm off to work now and am in for a busy day as there is only 2 of us working the sales/admin area. Have a lovely day, won't you?
~
Cheers - Joolz

4 comments:

  1. Love Brianna's heart shape pav, so pretty with strawbs and hundreds and thousands on top :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, that's a true blue Aussie meal right there!! No idea why sausages are called snags, but I love them with dead 'orse, on a sanga.

    Cheers,
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, it seems that your Australia Day was a little more "thought out" than mine - and your dinner looks absolutely lovely!

    For some reason,(gardening mostly) the day got away from me, and we ended up having fish and chips from the local takeaway. Pretty "Australian" in it's own way, but a bit of a disappointment, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL I love that tree. I nearly stopped on our way home from Robe on Thursday to take a picture.

    ReplyDelete

I love when you comment on my blog but will not publish anonymous comments unless you reveal a name.