Monday, December 27, 2010

My Christmas Day...

'Twas 4am and I was up placing gifts under the tree (like a Christmas idiot) so the gifts would indeed be a surprise for two inquisitive children... er, adults... who can't help but search out my hiding places and ruin the surprise...
~
...then 'twas 7.15am and they were into it! Father was not impressed at being woken from his slumber...
~
Christmas this year was at my nieces (her name is Mel Gibson, by the way!) It was a beautiful, warm, sun-shiny day with family a plenty. This is my cute great-nephew, Klaye, enjoying a splash in the cool water...
~
My mum receiving a gift...
~~
The littlies having some lunch in the shade - there were 10 cousins and they all played so nicely and had fun all day, no fights or tears...
~The spread of food we enjoyed...
~
Lots of yummy salads and cold turkey, pork, ham and chicken...
~
~
...my plate runneth over...
~
...brothers-in-law and nephews and uncles chatted...
~
...the slip-n-slide got a work out...
~
~
~
...kids bounced, jumped, ran, slid, sang...
~
... enjoying the blue sky day and then Santa arrived, jingling his bell...
~
...cuddles for Santa...
~
...he was a jolly old fella, handing out lollies...
~
...he got Nana B giggling...
~
...and had a go on the slip-n-slide!
~
Little cousins having fun...
~
Son-in-law having fun with mother-in-law...
~
...nice shades, dudes!...
~
Big and little cousins (Rylee, Brianna & Kirby)
~Uncle and nephew-in-law (oh, those sunnies!) ...
~
Christmas dinner - glazed ham...
~
Bonnie the cat, eyeing off the tomohawk steaks...
~
~
These would make Fred Flintstone envious (Brontosaurus steaks maybe?) ...
~
~
Fruit tingles on Boxing Day!
~
I hope you all enjoyed your Christmas Day as much as I did, I am blessed to have my family around me.
~
Cheers - Joolz

7 comments:

  1. How very blessed you are to have such a lovely large extended family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joolz....I could just slip on into your pictures and be at home!
    I t looks just how Family Christmassas should be.
    My Kids would love that slip and slide!!!!
    I just want the food!!! Lolll!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what a beautiful Christmas! All that food, and all that family... it must have been heavenly for you!
    I especially liked seeing Santa having a go at the slip and slide too! Here, he would have almost had to break through the ice - but at least it wasn't hot, and I'm grateful for that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have the most awesome slip and slide Santa I've ever seen! Glad you had a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a true Aussie Christmas with heaps of food and kids (everyone) having fun:0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pictures and great times to remember. Just what Christmas should be.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wasn't the weather just perfect for being outdoors? Sun shining, but not stinkin' hot.

    Cheers,
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete

I love when you comment on my blog but will not publish anonymous comments unless you reveal a name.