Monday, December 20, 2010

Catching up...

I finally got our tree put up - on the 14th of December - how shameful!
~
~
~
A little bauble from Harrods, London...
~
My sister, Maz, gave me this last Christmas for our 'round and shiny' present theme. This year the theme is 'Garden' - bought or handmade.
~
~
Our tree at night...
~
We had a lovely weekend away in Melbourne. We went to The Eagles concert at Rod Laver Arena with our friends Kelvin & Lyn & Denise & Gary. What a fantastic concert it was! The Eagles weren't really my era but man, can they sing and their harmonies were so good! The sound was crystal clear and the lighting and staging excellent.
~
We stopped in at Ballarat on the way home but was hit with a deluge of rain and wind and 8 degrees C! I happened to be dressed in T-shirt, light pants and thongs as it was sunny when we left Melbourne - I froze, couldn't feel my toes after we dashed down the street in the rain! We got the last of our big item Christmas shopping out of the way so that was good. I can relax a little now. I just need to grocery shop and probably do some more baking as all of my cookies and such have gone now.
~
We are having lunch at my nieces with my family then Angus' sister, brother-in-law and 3 nephews are coming to our house for dinner. It will be nice and casual with some seafood, a glazed ham and probably a good steak and definitely some red wine and beer! Their boys are about 8, 13 and 16 so there will probably be lots of games played (Wii, Monopoly, basketball etc) and we are pitching a tent for the boys to sleep in.
~
What do you get up to on Christmas day? I am lucky to have a big family (four generations) who all get along and we have a good old catch up which is fun.
~
Cheers - Joolz

10 comments:

  1. Hi Joolz, your blog is still great. I met you in Woolies last summer, and have finally got up the courage after some false starts and humming and haa-ing whether to take the plunge, to create a blog myself. So I can now add you to my blog list.
    I've been wondering where our summer went. We don't celebrate christmas, but enjoy the time together just the same. I'm so glad we're in the Southern Hemisphere, and get the long school holidays now.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joolz! that sounds like so much fun, getting together with your family. I haven't done that since my mother passed away years ago! my brother try's to get everyone together but rarely succeeds. I have 5 brothers and a sister and it just seems like everyone's lives are busy at different times. That is a shame I think...I am glad to hear you get together with family and friends...I will be with my grandchildren this Christmas which I am really excited for! Can't wait to see all the baked goodies you come up with for the party!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, if the not getting the tree up till the 14th is shameful, then the 19th (when I got mine done) must be disgraceful! :) Truth be told, I could still add a few more ornaments...I may or may not. My mother-in-law is coming Thursday for four or five days, and since I'm STILL not completely unpacked from the move, I have lots to do before she arrives. I'm not even going to try to get everything done, just some more. Shopping's done, wrapping yet to begin.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Joolz! Thanks for your lovely comment and Christmas wishes. Would love to see a post of the sewing tutorial. Felix and I were just looking at your gorgeous tree and all the yummy cookies. he asked if they were for him, LOL! We're cooking gingerbread on Christmas Eve for Santa. Can't wait! have the best Christmas. Lyn & Felix x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your tree and the Harrods ornament is lovely.

    Merry Christmas to you and your family,

    Gill in a cold and snowy Canada

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Joolz, oh my goodness you have been so busy baking I am so not into it this year for the very first time ever! Your cookies looked so delicious. I had so much fun last year baking and putting together goodie baskets for neighbors and friends but just don't have the energy this year for some reason. Next year...Merry Christmas my friend, your tree looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your Christmas tree looks absolutely beautiful...x Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are finally all organised aqnd can relax a little now :0)
    I have all of my family (mum and my two sisters and their kids) here for lunch and then relax for the rest of the day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Joolz,
    Love your Christmas tree, looks like it has the perfect spot in front of your windows.
    One of my sisters travelled to Melbourne for that concert too..she raved about it!
    We have all my family coming up to little ol Loxton this year. Like you all our families get on really well, so it's always a fun and happy time.
    Have a lovely Christmas enjoying all those around you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful Christmas tree! It's the kind of tree I wish for, but with the daycare children, it just isn't possible- or smart!
    I even waited until Christmas holidays started before putting it up this year, but I now have the cats to contend with - so can't win for losing! lol!

    Wishing you and yours all the Blessings, Joy and Peace of the Season ~ from Ballarat where it's currently sunny, but still a bit cold!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

I love when you comment on my blog but will not publish anonymous comments unless you reveal a name.