Saturday, November 13, 2010

Cross stitch display...

Chookyblue has organised a Cross Stitch display with about 26 bloggers displaying their samplers and cross stitches. I was an avid cross stitcher when my children were little, I guess the minute they were playing nicely or having a nap, I'd sit and cross stitch. I don't seem to have the time now and my eyesight isn't good enough to do it at night. I hope you enjoy my patterns. The sweet one above (Sarah's Friends) was worked in 1991 for my daughter Kirby.
~
~
This is one of my favourites (and I see that Chookyblue has it too!). Stitched on 18 count Aida, there is a lot of work in it.
~
~
This one was stitched in 1990 BC (before children). My first big cross stitch.
~
~
This is probably my most favourite one. Each quilt panel is different - I love the colours. It hangs in my bedroom.
~
~
I love the verse.
~
This was stitched for Brianna in 1996.
~
~
This one is undated. Cute bunnies!
~
~
There is a lot of work in this one too. It was worked in 1993.
~
I also did one similar to this with teddies lined up and this was gifted to a friend who admired it.
~
This one hangs in our hallway.
~
~
This cottage hangs in our study. Probably the second big cross stitch I did. I am very proud of it.
~
~
Our previous house had a blue and yellow kitchen so when I saw this pattern for blue and white china, I just had to do it. Another favourite.
~
All the back stitching nearly did me in, there was so much detail~
~
I have some more unframed ones stashed away so will try and find them, press them up and get them on screen tomorrow.
~
Thanks, Chooky! This has been a fun and interesting blog-along!
~
Cheers - Joolz

~~~~~~~~~ PS : Has anyone stitched a Mary Wigham sampler? ~~~~~~~~~

24 comments:

  1. Wow you must have been the cross stitch queen back then, they are beautiful. I love all the designs you chose, some very special keepsakes there. It brought back memories of when I used to do it, but I only attempted the small ones!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, wow, what beautiful work. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Stitching... I would be so proud too :) Well Done !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are absolutely beautiful! I just don't have the patience! It would take me years and year to do! I am looking forward to the cooler weather so that I can get back into my crocheting. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such beautiful work...all so lovely....love them all
    I love the oval frames as well...

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow I can't believe you have also done the wild flower bouquet.......it was lots of stitching.....I love the others you have done too.......I must get my other bits finished.....
    ...save your other post for next Sat if you like cause a few are going to post again next Saturday......
    thanks for sharing.......

    I think Maree is doing a Mary Wigham sampler.........there is a blog somewhere I have found previously I think......

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lots of amazing stitching! Didn't we achieve so much BC?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Joolz, you have done a lot of cross stitch, I really like the black and grey (?) one with the verse.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your cross stitch are beautiful and a great keepsake. I did a few small ones years ago and gave them away.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Joolz... you have lots of beautiful work there!! :) Precious memories too! I am doing the latest Mary Wigham sal. I haven't gotten very far at all though. I'll hopefully have a picture of that for next week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. stunning and amazing, your cross stitches are just beautiful!
    thank you for sharing such lovely work.
    cheers Julz

    ReplyDelete
  12. I used to cross stitch a lot during every pregnancy, but haven't done any since we moved to Adelaide. I've been *thinking* about starting again, so thanks for the inspiration!

    My favourite is the native flowers one. Very beautiful!

    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  13. So many beautiful cross-stitch pieces. Thank you for showing us.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful work, so much and varied, enjoyed looking thanks

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you sharing all your lovely Xstitches. They are beautiful but I especially like the blue and white one.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yes...do show us your UFOs :) My mum also did the blue and white china one...it hangs in her litchen :) You should be very proud, they are all so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I wouldn't have minded having a go at cross stitch work but if your evening time eyesight isn't good enou then mine CERTAINLY isn't!

    I love your work, specially thr oval one that "hangs in the hallway". You've got family heirlooms in the makingthere, haven't you?

    ReplyDelete
  18. wonderful stitiching...thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such pretty projects. Thank you for sharing with us, it's been fun to hop around blogland seeing what others have stitched.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I've been enjoying my trip through blogland and each stop has been delightful .... many thanks for sharing your treasures!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your cross stitch work is beautiful. Thank you for sharing.
    p.s. you have a lovely blog.... Cheers, Janette

    ReplyDelete
  22. I think your cross stitches are gorgeous. My favourites are samplers. Thanks for sharing pictures of your lovely work.
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  23. Joolz they are GORGEOUS!!! I has no idea I should send you the Old McDonalds farm one i started aqout 18 years ago and still only a quartr finished!!!!!

    Actually been seriously considering gifting a lot of my ufos to clear up some space in my sewing room that is now also my home office!!!

    Productive day in the garden weeded cut back and cut out a whole garden bed down one side.

    Now for some cutting out of farbic - think the housework might go west today ......

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lovely to see your cross stitch. I love the quilt one & being a fan of blue & white china it made me smile.

    Love Leanne Nz

    ReplyDelete

I love when you comment on my blog but will not publish anonymous comments unless you reveal a name.