Saturday, August 28, 2010

Catching up...

Chicken and veggies for Chicken Cacciatore - very nice.
~
Chicken Cacciatore and vegetables Monday night dinner.
~
Steak, salad and Annette's Potato salad (minus the boiled eggs) for dinner Thursday night.
~
Brianna made cupcakes for her boyfriend, Michael (aka Porpy). She presented him with all 6 of these as school on Tuesday.
~
I made Annette's Rich Chocolate Squares (Book 4) - can you believe they have apple sauce and nutella in them. Delicious!
~
Dinner last night was Lamb Souvlaki wraps - not a diet dish but healthy none the less. Garlicy yumminess!
~
I made mine on a pita bread, spread with a little tatziki sauce and salad veggies. I only had one. Good girl! Can't say the same for the red wine...
]~
Wednesday night we had Annette's Homestead Chicken Pies (I made individual ones). These were really delicious - flavoured and thickened with Cream of Mushroom and Cream of Chicken Cup-o-Soups. She is so clever with her flavourings. The pastry topping was really good too!
~
The pies before having the pastry tops put on.
~
These few pictures show my kitchen the way I like it - tidy!
~
~
~
~
Tonight I am going on a bus trip for my neice, Bianca's Hens Night. We are heading to a seaside town for dinner at the local pub then onto another pub in another town before heading back home. I hope I have the strength - I'm not really a party animal! I think it will be fun observing the younger ones as the night goes on...
~
The weather in the past week or so has really dampened my enthusiasm for the Masterclass - it is just so hard to want to eat really healthy foods when it is so cold. We have had a few days straight where it was only 8 or 10C. and it just will not stop raining! I have walked once this week because it rains between 6am - 6.30am and is usually raining betwen 5 and 6pm! I haven't cracked and eaten anything bad (oh, to have a lovely meat pie or pasty!) but I find I just can't drink 8 glasses of water a day when you are not thirsty and salad after salad starts to get to you after a while and fruit just isn't comforting. I must admit those Rich Chocolate Squares are really good - even my girls like them - so I am rationing myself to a square a day while they last. I do have day-dreams of crumbed lamb chops, cheesy, creamy mashed potatoes and lashings of rich brown gravy.... but NO, I must not! I can do this and I really want to do this but I don't think I'll have much of a weigh loss this week. If I stay the same, that's okay too.
~
Enjoy your weekend in your part of the world,
Cheers - Joolz

8 comments:

  1. All that food looks good Joolz, I'm making chicken pies today. Maybe having a hot, soup will help. I often froil (tsp oil and 1/4 cup stock) onion and garlic, then add chopped potato, more stock, cook till nearly tender then add veges like chopped broccoli, chopped zucchini, spinach, cook a bit more so they cook through, then add 2 scoops of skim milk powder and blast it with the stick blender. The potato makes it thick and the milk powder makes it creamy. I use the Campbells Real Consomme for the stock as it has a good taste.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joolz you are doing well ! The weather can make it hard but hang in there. The pies looking yummy and so does that choc squares. I made the cherry coconut squares and had to ration those not only from me but everyone else too, lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done Joolz, you are still doing well even if you aren't able to exercise.

    I have only been for a walk once this week too, not because of the weather, but tummy trouble. I am starting back on the masterclass plan again on Monday. Last week end we went away so it is very hard to eat out and make the right choices and because the weather was so inclement I didn't get to walk.

    Hopefully with Spring arriving this week the weather should start to warm. I think it is 19C here tomorrow, definitely walking weather if there is no wind.

    Keep it up, you will get there.

    xTania

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your kitchen....its beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm drooling on my keyboard over here! What fabulous dishes you prepared, and how gorgeous and gourmet they look. I'm impressed. Too often, I prepare simple meals. Oh, but how I love good whole foods. Your pics have put me in the mood for a good chicken pot pie. I hope you get some warmer days soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My mouth always waters when I visit your blog, your food looks delicious. Hope you have survived the really bad weather we have been experiencing in SA!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What yummy looking food and what a great kitchen to prepare it in! I need to make an effort to exercise also as I've expanded my horizons and won't fit into any of my summer clothes :(.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Joolz Just popping by to see everything is okay with you & that you survived all the bad weather.
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete

I love when you comment on my blog but will not publish anonymous comments unless you reveal a name.