Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Day 9 - Another new day...

Well, the sunrise looked promising. I thought finally, a nice sunshiney, warmer day. NOT!!
It was about 9C all day! Brrr! I am really feeling the cold these last few weeks. Roll on spring!
~
This is Chicken Marsala from Annette's Book 6 that we had on Monday night (Day 8).
It was nice but I thought the sauce was a bit sweet so next time I am going to modify it by using white wine instead of the marsala. I also made her cauliflower au gratin (Book 3) and added broccoli to it. Brianna loved it. This is a typical size serving for me. After all those glasses of water each day, my appetite by dinner time isn't that big.
~
Week 2 (Day 9)
I walked 30 minutes in the morning but didn't get a walk in after work as I had to prepare dinner then take Brianna to Mt.G for an Italian Trip meeting.
~
Breakfast was 2 slices Cape Seed toast with sardines (springwater drained off), tomato sauce and worcester sauce, salt & pepper. Yum, yum, yum! Plus a coffee with 1/2 tspn sugar - I have found cutting back from 1 teaspoon to half hasn't been bad at all.
~
Lunch - a wholemeal roll with turkey, cranberry, lettuce, tomato, carrot, avocado but no cheese. :( and one banana.
~
Dinner - Annette's Tuna bake - this was very nice. Similar to a mornay but with not as much sauce but it had pasta and lots of veggies in it so it was nice and filling and really tasty.
Unfortunately I forgot to take a picture before Angus has hoed into it.
~
Annette's Quote for the day - Obstacles are what you see when you take your eyes off the goal.
~
Another chilly day here so I'm off to find another layer of clothes I can wear.
~
Cheers - Joolz

3 comments:

  1. You are doing great! keep it up! I have been going good too and keeping the water and exercise up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Debbie I am feeling really good!

    The bloody weather is against me at the moment. High winds and heavy rain right on 6am when I usually walk today. Hope to get an hour long walk in this arvo.

    Cheers - Joolz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning Joolz,

    It is supposed to be 21C here today, first time over 20C for a long time. The wind was quite cold this morning, it is also strong and from the north. Had a bit of rain overnight, 4mm.

    The masala chicken in the book looks nice but haven't got to try it yet. I did have the salmon & veg slice last night. I used tuna and it was very nice. Still trying to figure out the calories though...

    I cut my sugar out of my cuppa's by reducing it gradually until I dont have it at all anymore.

    Have a great day, hope it fines up for you...

    xTania

    ReplyDelete

I love when you comment on my blog but will not publish anonymous comments unless you reveal a name.