Sunday, July 18, 2010

Lucky me...and poor Bri...

I had a lovely birthday and was thoroughly spoiled with some great gifts. My friend Helen gave me this stunning planter with even prettier tulips in it.
~
~
Angus and the girls gave me a big bottle of my favourite perfume, Flower Bomb. Smells like floral fairy floss to me. Angus also bought me a lovely big new suitcase for when we travel overseas later in the year.
~
Sister Sue gave me this candy bowl with more chocolate than is pictured here (someone has been helping themselves)!
~
Sister Janine made this mosaic pot for me in my favourite colours of blue and white china. She bought a few old plates from antique shops (.50 cent plates) proceeded to smash them then covered a terracotta pot.
~
Sister Maz gave this memo folder with sticky notes & seven day reminder sheet so you can write up what's happening for the week ahead. The little angel is a fridge magnet for memos too.
~
Sister Leanne gave me this lovely planter with a huge Spathiphyllum (Peace Lily) and the Sisters coloured plaque in the photo above and some chocolates (which I. do.not.need!!!).
~
My Mum gave me this Mary Gregory glass vase. She and my Dad used to collect this glass and this piece was bought in 1984 on their travels. It dates back to late 1800's - early 1900's and is American. A lot of this glassware is known as ruby glass but this piece is clear glass.
~
I finished a busy week at work by going out for dinner again on Friday night with our friends in Mt. Gambier.
~
Brianna has been feeling off colour over the past week so I took her to the doctor on Friday and he ordered some blood tests to check her levels. She has been low on energy, has no appetite and been a bit head-achey, sleeps a lot but is still tired too. Anyway we fronted up for the blood tests yesterday morning at our medical clinic. The lady sat Bri in a chair and we were all chatting away, talking about netball then she took the blood sample and was putting it in the phials when Bri decided to pass out!!! One minute she was okay then the next she had her head in her lap, out cold, then we had to get her onto the floor, in the recovery position. Quite scary for me but she came around quite quickly and we reassured her that she had just fainted and she was soon okay.
~
Needless to say we didn't get to netball. I kept Bri home on the couch and we spent the day watching movies, taking it easy. I wasn't feeling too good myself so maybe we picked up a bug or something.

9 comments:

  1. My goodness, it's good that everyone is OK. The gifts you received are so beautiful - handmade and hand selected. There is so much love and thought put into each one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a great birthday Joolz. Happy Belated Birthday wishes to you.

    Hope Bri and yourself are feeling better soon. There are a lot of bugs going around atm. So far this year I have managed to avoid them. I am counting the days until spring and the warmer weather that comes with it.

    Such a lovely lot of gifts for you on your special day.

    xTania

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy you had a wonderful birthday :) That vase is beautiful, is there a figurine in the vase??
    Hope Bri is better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish everyone gave hand made gifts. You know that it was completely produced with just you in mind. Happy birthday mate.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great birthday haul! :) The tulips in the perfectly matched pot are amazing. Hope everyone's feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. All your Birthday godies are gorgeous.
    Your poor Daughter I too know how she feels....I have had two lots of blood taken in a week and a day where I nearly passed outbut about 4 times....My Sister was here and feaking out.
    Hope results come back soon and all is well for your girl

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely, lovely birthday pressies, you will have plants everywhere. I do like the mosaic planter, my favourite colours too. Hope Brianna is ok, I remember when my hubby fainted after a blood test, quite frightening really.

    ReplyDelete
  8. HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOOLZ !!!
    Yay..I can now comment on blogs !!
    Not sure what the problem was,but it seems to have fixed itself,lol.
    I hope Brianna is feeling ok..and all the test have come back fine.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy (belated) birthday! And many blessings for the new year to come. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love when you comment on my blog but will not publish anonymous comments unless you reveal a name.