Sunday, February 7, 2010

Food, food and more food...


On Friday night, the Italian Club in Mt Gambier help a Pizza & Pasta night and we were all invited. They had a very big crowd.
~
~~
On Saturday night, we gave Chiara a typical Australian dinner - roast lamb, potatoes, carrots, pumpkin and peas with gravy.
~
Chiara, Brianna, Samantha & Beatrice
~
On Sunday, we joined the Macera family and visited the Coonawarra wine district. Ric rode his motorcycle there and he gave Chiara and the girls a quick ride down the road. We enjoyed a lovely lunch at Upstairs at Hollick.
~
Salmon & Leek tart with fresh herbs
~
Aged Teys Brothers black Angus scotch fillet, dauphinous potato, pepperonata, green beans with cabernet jus
~
Rare roasted Naracoorte venison topside, daupine potato, local beetroot & horseradish cream, green peppercorn jus
~
Stuffed chicken fillet, carrot mash, coriander cream and cream beans
~
Pan roasted duck breast, black olive polenta, spiced cherries, mushrooms and Arabica sauce
~
Grilled Watson's lamb backstrap, white bean puree, shiraz jus; warm salad of confit lamb shoulder, cherry tomatoes, basil and white anchovies (mine!)
~
Pasta with prawns and chorizo (didn't write down the description for this one, sorry)
~
Now onto the desserts.....
~
White chocolate panna cotta, anise jelly, chocolate crumble and cherry icecream
~
Bitter dark chocolate tart, chocolate sorbet, caramel sauce, salted peanut brittle & pure cream
~
...and finally, steamed lemon pudding, passionfruit and nectar syrup, passionfruit semi freddo and pure cream
~
We went home feeling very full. It was a warm night so we sat outside and had pizzas cooked on the pizza stone in the barbecue for a late dinner.
~
Chiara got to see our cat, Bonnie, play with a mouse before eating it and because the night was so warm there were lots of bugs swarming about. She had bugs in her hair and trying to got down her t-shirt.
~
Tonight (Tuesday) we have a farewell dinner for the Italian students at TWC then we farewell them tomorrow as they head for Melbourne for 2 days before they fly back home to Torino.
~
Cheers - Joolz

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like your visitor has had a lovely time and all them lovely meals.....I have now drooled into my keyboard and I have still got at least an hour till lunch,lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, being a chicken lover, that chicken dish made my mouth water. Being a dessert lover they all made me hungry...now I've got to go eat something because you made me hungry, Joolz!

    blessings and hugs,

    marcy

    ReplyDelete
  3. JOOLZ! I am always amazed at the food you present on your posts! I am full just looking at these delicious plates of food! Of course these are what everyone ordered right? The presentation is so beautiful I am not sure if I would eat it or frame it! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummmm!!! All those foodie shots have made me wish for my dinner! Think I'll mosey on downstairs and see what I can find! That lamb, potatoes and peas looked really good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmmm...Everything looks and sounds so good, but tell me... don't you feel silly taking pictures of your plates, with everyone watching? LOL!
    I do it all the time, and it drives my partner nuts, but I just tell 'em it's for my blog. I even got a free dessert and glass of wine once, since they probably thought I was rating their restaurant or something!

    ReplyDelete

I love when you comment on my blog but will not publish anonymous comments unless you reveal a name.