Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Weekend roundup...

(Joolz pic)
Brianna continues to practice her driving skills. On Saturday afternoon we took a drive to Kalangadoo (an aboriginal name for red gums and swamps) which is 35kms from our town. We drove there, went down a few streets then turned around and came home - at 80km/hour, she clocked up 90 minutes of driving. She has to do 50 hours of daytime driving and 10 hours of night time driving to then be able to sit for her Probationary licence and she must have her learners for at least 6 months before sitting for her 'P's. We have a way to go yet!
*
Sunday morning I was up at 6am - couldn't sleep anymore. I (re)watched The Lake House (Sandra Bullock & Keanu Reeves). At 9am I thought I'd make some scones - I cheat and use the CWA scone mix - it never fails to turn out good scones. Just add water to the mix and there you have it! No sooner did I have them in the oven - everyone arose from their slumber and sat waiting for scones!
*
I like them warm with butter and vegemite and butter and jam. Brianna has jam and whipped cream and Kirby has vegemite too.
*
We have started cleaning up for Christmas celebrations at our house. Angus steam cleaned the pavers under the pergola and I will get to those windows this week.
*
Tomorrow I am taking my Mum shopping in Mt.G so I hope to do some Christmas shopping and get a few things out of the way.
*
Thursday I am going out to lunch in Mt. G then off to see New Moon with some friends. Some me time.
*
Whats on the agenda for you this week? Getting Christmas sorted?
*
Cheers - Joolz

4 comments:

  1. Been Santa's workshop here. I am painting all 16 of my gifts for Christmas. No little ones any more. The scones look great.
    qMM

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still knitting on my Christmas gifts. Then I have another project for everybody else. Hmmm...

    I was ready to deck the halls a couple of weeks ago, but the feeling waned. I hope to have the tree out with the lights on it this weekend, and then decorate it gradually.

    The scones do look yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those scones do look yummy.

    You're lucky about one thing - In NSW L platers have to do 120 hrs before going for their P's.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't know that Toria. Victoria is similar. My son went to live in Canberra and was able to get a licence based on competencies from the driving he did manage to do in Victoria. It was a matter of having a few or so more lessons to finish the skills.

    My daughter who is 12 said her friends went very recently 1 1/2 hours drive to see the movie. I told her I think the Mum's must have wanted to go too, as my cousin recently saw it twice. Not sure she believed me.

    ReplyDelete

I love when you comment on my blog but will not publish anonymous comments unless you reveal a name.