Sunday, October 18, 2009

Sunday, I am...




...watching Lost in Austen (up early, I have watched all four episodes) and absolutely loved it. Oh, Mr Darcy! *blushing*
*
Then I am washing windows and doing some weeding...
*

Yes, there is glass in those windows, it's just so sparkling clean!
*


Our front porch - it all got a wash down today, to get rid of dust and cobwebs. I gave the white table and chairs a sudsy bath and found an intruder underneath it!
*

*
This is a Redback Spider - an Aussie icon - commonly found under out-house dunny seats! At this point, I will say that I am an arachnaphobic (scared shitless by spiders) but these little buggers don't scare me too much (even thought they are deadly poisonous), it's more your Huntsmen type spideys that give me goosebumps and hot flushes all at once. I'll save a picture of a hunty for another day. *shivers*
*

*
This pic was taken out of my lounge room window (did I tell you how clean they are?), the rose on the far left has produced my first rose of spring.
*

My violas are loving the sunshine today.
*
Tired and happy - my right arm and shoulder feel like they will drop off and my back's aching but it is a good job done (they day was so nice for pottering around) . Angus is barbecuing a lump of steak and roasting some baby potatoes and carrots to have with some peas. He's even made some horseradish mayonnaise from scratch! Bless.
*
Cheers - Joolz

5 comments:

  1. What a beautiful place you have, Joolz...just love it. And it didn't look as if there was any glass in those windows...wish someone could make mine look that way, sigh. Just love your porch but not your spider! I am not afraid of spiders but I would definitely be cautious around a poisonous one!

    blessings and hugs,

    marcy

    p.s. I love Jane Austen too and have watched and really enjoyed the movies produced from her books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a crazy looking spider...we see nothing like that in our part of Candada, thankfully!!!

    I LOVE Lost in Austen too, it was sooo good..I'm putting it on my Christmas wish list.

    blessings
    Niki

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, what nice clean windows you have (in case no-one notices).

    I've never read anything at all by J. Austen but I mean to give it a go sometime seeing as everyone else loves them.

    love, Angie, xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love Jane Austen too. I don't like the spider. Your house is very neat and comfy looking. And thanks for the info about the girl. I will be on the look out for her story.
    QMM

    ReplyDelete
  5. ok please tell me that the spider was NOT the size of a dinner plate? I am afraid I would have jumped to the nearest chandelier and hung there for dear life. I would have been in complete TEARS and shaking...I am sooo scared of spiders even the tiniest ones! YOU are a BRAVE woman! hehe what beautiful flowers and yard! (sigh)

    ReplyDelete

I love when you comment on my blog but will not publish anonymous comments unless you reveal a name.