Thursday, September 17, 2009

Day 18 -

Day 18 - Walked our 5 km route and got drenched, even with umbrellas. I had woken Bri at 6.10am before I left and told her I was off walking. When I got home at 7.15am, there was no noise and the house was in darkness. She was still snoring her head off! We are normally out the door at 7.35 to go down to the bus stop! In 25 minutes she showered, spritzed her hair, did her makeup and got dressed. I packed her lunch and made her a toasted sandwich to eat on the bus. She hopped on the bus at 7.40am like it was any other day. Phew!
*
Breakfast - porridge made from wholemeal oats with skim milk, honey and banana. It was really good but I made too much. Will cut pack the portion size next time. It kept me full until lunch time so I didn't need a snack.
*
Lunch - left over Tuna Mornay on 2 slices wholemeal toast.
*
Snacks - tub of fresh fruit salad at 3pm.
Rice crackers and salsa at 5.30pm.
*

Dinner - Chicken Parcels - recipe is here, with baked potato & sour cream, broccoli, carrots & peas.
*
I put out our garbage for collection today and I noticed that my recycling bin was only 3/4 full. Normally it is full to the top with packaging from food I buy etc. Because I have 'thrown-down junk food' I am not buying anywhere near the packaged goods that I was. Bananas don't come in a cardboard box, wrapped in plastic. I was quite amazed. Lets see how the next 2 weeks worth of recycling stacks up like.

6 comments:

  1. You're right Joolz -do they collect for compost as well? We use our compost bin for things we don't need in our own composter (weeds, grass cuttings etc). There's a bin for general rubbish, one for vegetable matter, cartdord nd plastic, glass and tins and paper.

    I lost a pound and a half this fortnight. Not much you might think but it's in the right direction and adds up in time. I'm a very patient soul! 25 pounds since end of April so I'm well pleased.

    love, Angie, xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...I meant to write "cardboard and plastic" but I'm a useless typist!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That oatmeal with banana looks great...one of my favorites except I'm out of bananas right now.

    Hurrying like your daughter had to can be hard on the nerves so thank goodness it doesn't happen often!

    Tonight Michael and I will be 'hitting' the eliptical (after he gets all of his clothes off of it)and the stationery bike (my birthday gift)...if only I could get him to stop eating ice cream almost daily!

    blessings and hugs,

    marcy

    ReplyDelete
  4. p.s. I LOVE Angie's typing...so much like mine but I really try to check before I send and even then it can be hysterical!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH MY GOSH, If I ate this much food I would be like the good year blimp! My stomach couldn't even hold this much food! I know people tell me all the time it speeds up your metabolism and you loose weight but...OH MY GOODNESS....I am full just looking at the pics, but they do look delicious! I love oatmeal.. think I will have a bowl for lunch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. MMM.... it all looks so good!
    We're doing GREAT, girl, and I know that we can keep this up!!

    ReplyDelete

I love when you comment on my blog but will not publish anonymous comments unless you reveal a name.