Saturday, August 8, 2009

Polar fleece blanket ...

You will need:

A pillow to kneel on (unless you have a large cutting out table)
A glass of wine/stiff drink - to sip between breaks so you can get the circulation back in your legs
Patience - getting the fabric lined up and pinned at intervals to stop slippage
2.2 metres x 2 colours Polar Fleece fabric

First, lay out the two pieces of polar fleece - chocolate piece fluffy side down, coffee piece fluffy side up (eg. wrong sides together)
*
Next, cut out a 12cm square from each corner.
*
Now, from the corner, start cutting 2cm wide by 12cm deep strips through both fabrics, along the 4 sides.
*
After you've had a nice glass of wine/stiff drink and your back has recovered and the pins and needles have gone from you legs you can start tying the knots. Grab a choc strip and a coffee strip and tie a knot then another knot. Repeat about 500 times until your fingers are numb!
*
Once all the knots are done, stare in wonderment at the fantastic job you have done creating this thing of beauty then take a pair of scissors to it and trim off the selvedge from each bit of fringe on the long sides. We want it looking its best.
*
Hey Presto! You have a no-sew, fringed fleecy blanket that is toasty warm. This one is for Kirby!
*
Added: These blankets are great for sporting events - when your kid is on the bench, shivering. Make it in your favourite footy/netball/soccer team colours. It can be washed and tumbled dried easily.
*
Cheers - Joolz

4 comments:

  1. I like this, actually something I think I could achieve!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it, Joolz! I can't sew, but I could do this! What a super great idea!

    blessings with hugs,

    marcy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, and no sewing involved.........is there? Actually, seeing as I can't kneel or stand up I'll help by swigging down the refreshments. I don't mind rubbing people's knees if necessary. it's sll in s good cause. See? I CAN be of use!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No sew, I like the sound of that.

    ReplyDelete

I love when you comment on my blog but will not publish anonymous comments unless you reveal a name.