Saturday, August 29, 2009

Homemade lemon cordial...


.
HOMEMADE LEMON CORDIAL
*
6 good sized lemons, juiced and seeds discarded
rind of 1 lemon, finely grated
1.5 kgs white sugar
5 cups of boiling water
50 gms citric acid
*
Add all ingredients to a pan, heat until sugar is dissolved, bring to the boil. Boil about 5 minutes, cool slightly then bottle in sterilised bottles.
*
Enjoy with soda water, mineral water or still water. Very nice as a Gin soda squash with ice....or Vodka on the rocks with cordial.

*
Cheers - Joolz

5 comments:

  1. Never made real lemonade. Sounds ever so easy and just the job for Ashes-less Aussies to cry into. Keith says he's making beer in his shed when he retires in October. Maybe I'll take up lemonade making - always assuming I can get the lemons / Do ornges work too?

    love, Angie, xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I am going to try an oranges and lemons blend next time. Would be nice and refreshing.

    - Joolz :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds divine...never even knew I could do this, but am going to try! Thanks. C.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll take mine with vodka! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. And lemons are so good for us! Great 'recipe', Joolz!

    blessings and hugs,

    marcy

    ReplyDelete

I love when you comment on my blog but will not publish anonymous comments unless you reveal a name.