Monday, July 27, 2009

200 posts and Possum Magic....

'C' over at Stick Horse Cowgirls had a tangle with a possum (or is it an opossum) and unfortunately (or fortunately) the possum came off second best. What a scary creature - it looks like it would take your hand off at your shoulder!
*
We have much cuter looking possums here in Australia. This little guy looks like he wouldn't hurt a flea.
*
This guy, on the other hand, looks like he could hold his own in a fight. Maybe he's similar to the culprit that has been banging around in our roof the past few nights... at 3am... just to annoy me... just when I'm all cosy and snug... kicking up a ruckus in the roof space above our laundry... on and off then again at 5am... just when I know I have one hour of slumber left...
*
If I catch him, he may just wish he never got out of bed...
*
Possums - they remind me of this cute book I used to read to my girls, you can read about Mem Fox, the author, here.
It is worth clicking on some of Mem's stories that she reads aloud. Sadly, Possum Magic isn't featured but Koala Lou is worth a listen to (another firm favourite).
*
Wow, I just looked at the counter and I've posted 200 blogs in nearly a year. I might have to have another little giveaway on August 23rd for my one year anniversary. Blogging has been so much fun and I've learned a lot from so many people in the last year. I've always been a sticky-beak and catching a glimpse of people's lives, people just like you and me, around the world - it fascinates me.
*
Cheers - Joolz

1 comment:

  1. Don't even know if you will see this comment since two of your posts popped up at the same time, so I am doing this backwards here.

    Did I ever tell you that when my son was a little boy then even as a young man, he loved all things Australian. We went to the zoo and he was always looking from animals from Australia or fauna from dwon under. Your opposums look adorable, Joolz, even the one you thought looked feisty!

    blessings and hugs,

    marcy

    ReplyDelete

I love when you comment on my blog but will not publish anonymous comments unless you reveal a name.