Sunday, November 16, 2008

A bit of progress...

The before picture from yesterday...
and the little bit of progress I made today - hard going but if I plug away at it, it will eventually be cleared of weeds.
It's been sunny and quite breezy here today and I've had another lazyish day. I have cleaned the study window and dusted the desk and vacuumed so this room is clean again. On the whole, the house is quite tidy so life is good!
A quick note about last nights dinner - lets just say we put it down to experience! The gnocchi was a total flop and we ended up with floating islands of mashed potato that looked like alien life forms when we drained them off and B15 and me rolling around the kitchen, cracking up! A little pee nearly came out! Lol!!
The tomato and basil sauce however, was extremely good and when we served this through some quickly boiled up spaghetti, it hit the spot and so did the crunchy bread rolls. We didn't starve! So funny! Suffice to say, after eating at 9.20pm, I forgot to get any photos of said alien gnocchi. We will try again with a different recipe soon. :)

Cheers - Joolz

2 comments:

  1. Success with gnocchi depends on what sort of potatoes you use. Apparently a waxy potato is best, something like Desiree, Toolangi Delight, Kipfler (expensive)or Bintje or Nicola potatoes. I might try making gnocchi this weekend and see how much success I have.
    take care
    Pip

    ReplyDelete
  2. me again, I meant to comment on your progress in the garden, doing a little bit each day is the easiest way, you don't end up with aching muscles the next day.
    take care
    Pip

    ReplyDelete

I love when you comment on my blog but will not publish anonymous comments unless you reveal a name.